Role of a CTP
The CTP exam is designed to test mastery of knowledge and skills required by treasury professionals to execute critical functions related to corporate liquidity, capital and risk management, such as:
- Maintain corporate liquidity required to meet current and future obligations in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Manage optimal cash positioning through forecasting and short-term investing and borrowing activities.
- Employ working capital strategies and tools to efficiently manage current assets and liabilities.
- Utilize various types of payment systems and Internet technologies to transfer monetary value and business documents between parties.
- Monitor and control corporate exposure to financial and operational risks.
- Optimize capital structure, manage costs of long-term capital and quantitatively evaluate capital resource investments.
- Manage cross-border funds movement and utilize international trade financing methods.
- Coordinate financial functions and sharing of financial information with other internal departments.
- Delineate appropriate ethical behaviors expected in business activities.
- Recognize corporate governance issues that arise from the separation of corporate ownership and control.
- Build cost effective relationships with financial services providers.